A 'TSONGKHAPA' THANGKA
Tibet, 19th-20th century
93 x 62 cm
Painted on fabric in a rich polychromy with touches of gold, the thangka depicts Tsongkhapa (1357-1419), the buddhist master founder of the Gelug sect, in a landscape with scenes related to his life, in the upper section a number of deities.
Provenance: Italian private collection, acquired in Tibet in 1982.